13 January, 2020 – Politics
Coming Live from the residence of a chieftain of the PDP and Chairman of the Edo North Elders Forum, High Chief Raymond Dokpesi, the venue of the Afemai Declaration.
This programme is the climax of a week long programme that started with the tour of the six area councils that make up Edo North in Edo State.
The PDP Elders Forum in the zone, embarked on this programme to re strategize, re unite and re organize the Party ahead of the Gubernatorial election in the state.
During the tour, the elders met with members, delegates and other stakeholders of the Party in the six area councils and extracted commitments from them on the followings:
1. Demand to produce the Deputy Governor of the State on the platform of the PDP in the next election
2. Demand for the PDP at the national level to appoint one of their own as a member (s) of the Board of Trustees (BoT)
3. Demand to produce the next State Secretary of the PDP in the forthcoming state Congress, and
4. Demand to nominate one of their sons or daughters as minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in an event that the PDP wins the Presidency in 2023
The zone also agreed to honour prominent sons and daughters in the state who have distinguished themselves in various spheres of lives from the formation of the party,
The following have been nominated to be awarded in today’s event:
1. Chief Mike Oghiadomhe, CFR, former Chief of staff to the President, former Deputy Governor and a member of the BoT.
2. Chief Dan Orbih, Edo State Chairman, PDP
3. Col. (Rt. Hon.) Tunde Akogun (Rtr) CFR, mni, fss
4. Senator Yisa Braimah
5. Senator Kassim Oyofo
6. Honourable Johnson Akato Emeatsalu
7. Rt. Hon. (Barr) Zakawanu Garuba
8. Hajia Hadizat Abosede Umoru, Deputy National Woman Leader, PDP.
9. Hajia Mairo Momoh
10. Chief Julian Adizat Kuburat Ibrahim
11. Amb. (Barr) Sifau Inu-Umoru Momoh
12. Chief Mrs Evelyn Igbafe and
13. Comrade Jude Imagwe
Post Humous Awards
1. Alhaji Chief Idonijie Inu Umoru
2. Chief Dr. Frank Alkali and
3. Chief Bruno Oshio Kpekhai
The programme will be televised Live on the network of AIT and on the Social media